Wednesday 16 January 2008

John Shuttleworth - Incident On The Snake Pass

Example

Wierd British comedy meets vintage organ "samba".

Incident On The Snake Pass is actually the 'B' side. I heard, and loved, this when it first came out in the 80's but didn't get my arse into gear quick enough. So I coveted it until I went to see him gigging in London about ten years later. He didn't play it but, during the show, he mentioned that he was hungry so I got my daughter to go and give him a biscuit. Which allowed me to easily wangle a chat with him in the interval. I mentioned that this tune is how I knew of him and how I regretted not buying it when I could. Mr Shuttleworth, who was about a foot taller than I'd imagined, said he was sure he had a few at home and would send me one. He did so and this is it.
I've included the 'A' side, Swimming With Sharon but there are a couple of spoken word tracks which, frankly, I didn't think worth the agro of grabbing. If you really think you need them I'll stick 'em up.

Incidentally, in case you didn't know, John Shuttleworth use to be Jilted John of the punk single "Jilted John" fame. It's a banger. I might post it next...

Incident On The Snakepass
Swimming With Sharon

1 comment:

jon said...

Great stuff! Just for anyone who wants more, there was a bunch of his stuff on the WFMU mp3 blog, somewhere way back in their archive, including these two tracks, and such gems as "My Wife Died in 1970".
I think I am going to enjoy this blog, thanks,
Jon